Skip to content
- National League of Cities. Cities 101. Introduction to municipal government in the United States covering officials and powers, forms and types, finance, and elections.
- Berman, David R. 2020. Local Government and the States: Autonomy, Politics, and Policy, 2nd ed. New York: Routledge.
- Davis, Rick, and Dan Griffiths. 2018. Elevating Trust In Local Government: The power of community-based strategic planning.
- England, Robert E., John P. Pelissero, and David R. Morgan. 2017. Managing Urban America, 8th ed. Thousand Oaks, CA: CQ Press.
- Gardner, Anton, John Pickering, Philip Harnden, and Gerald Brokaw. 2014. Building High-Performance Local Governments: Case Studies in Leadership at All Levels. Austin, TX: River Grove Books.
- Kerley, Richard, Joyce Liddle, and Pamela T. Dunning, eds. 2019. The Routledge Handbook of International Local Government. New York: Routledge.
- Loughlin, John, Frank Hendriks, and Anders Lidström, eds. The Oxford Handbook of Local and Regional Democracy in Europe. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Macfarlane, Ann G., and Andrew L. Estep. 2013. Mastering Council Meetings: A Guidebook for Elected Officials and Local Governments. Seattle: ERGA.
- McCarthy, David J., Jr., and Laurie Reynolds. 2003. Local Government Law in a Nutshell, 5th ed. St. Paul, MN: West.
- Miller, David Y., and Raymond Cox. 2015. Governing the Metropolitan Region: America’s New Frontier. New York: Routledge.
- Nelson, Kimberly L., and Carl W. Stenberg. 2018. Managing Local Government: An Essential Guide for Municipal and County Managers. Thousand Oaks, CA: CQ Press.
- Reynolds, Osborne M., Jr. 2019. Local Government Law, 5th ed. St. Paul, MN: West